An MOT (Ministry of Transport) is a required annual inspection for vehicles in the UK that are more than three years old.
To find a place to get an MOT in your local area, you can try the following options:
- Use a search engine, such as Google, and type “MOT near me” or “MOT test centre near me.” This should give you a list of places in your area that offer MOT testing.
- Use a mapping app or website, such as Google Maps or MapQuest, to search for MOT test centres in your area. You can use the filters to narrow down your search by price, ratings, and services offered.
- Ask friends, family, or coworkers for recommendations. They may know of a reliable place to get an MOT.
- Check with your car dealership or manufacturer. They may have an authorized MOT test centre that you can use.
- Contact your local council or the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) for a list of approved MOT test centres in your area.
Of course, the simple alternative is to use the Garage Near Me website. Simply do the following:
- Go to the home page https://garage-near-me.uk/
- Enter your postcode or town
- Select MOT Bay from the Garage Type dropdown, or leave set to “All”
- Click Search to get a map and list of garages in your local area